With the Mr.Barrtender School of Mixology hybrid, Fundamentals of Bartending you'll have a comprehensive introduction to the art of bartending. You will learn how to mix, balance, and serve a variety of cocktails, while also gaining an understanding of the history and culture of the craft.
The course is divided into two sections:
The first section is an online component, which allows you to learn at your own pace. You will have access to video tutorials, interactive quizzes, and other multimedia resources that will guide you through the fundamentals of bartending, including:
- Cocktail history and culture
- Types of spirits and liqueurs
- Basic bar equipment and tools
- Essential techniques, such as shaking, stirring, and straining
- Cocktail recipes and variations
- Responsible alcohol service
Upon completing the online component, you will take a final exam to ensure that you have mastered the material before moving on to the next section.
The second section is an in-person component, which provides you with a hands-on bartending experience. A professional bartender will come to your location with a bartending kit, and guide you through the process of creating several classic and modern cocktails. You will learn how to:
- Properly measure and pour ingredients
- Balance flavors and adjust recipes
- Use bar tools and equipment safely and effectively
- Garnish and present cocktails in a visually appealing manner
- Serve alcohol responsibly and handle difficult situations
You will be provided with a cocktail making kit
By the end of the course, you will have a solid foundation in bartending that will allow you to confidently create a variety of cocktails and serve them responsibly. You will also receive a certificate of completion that you can add to your professional portfolio.
Course Length: (online component) + 1 day (in-person component)